Saturday, October 17, 2009

What's Gone and What's Past Help




Oh my! This year has been full of surprises and tragedies. I left my husband, I found an amazing man to spend my life with, I lost my mother to cancer, found out that I was pregnant, and had an emergency root canal along with many other things that escape me at this moment. I have met amazing people along my journey and made some life-long friends. I have cried, laughed, faltered, succeeded. Life is coming at me very quickly. Too many things to deal with all at once. I find myself feeling very alone when no one is around... empty. Even though there is so much that I could be doing at this very second, I find it easier just to sit and do mindless tasks; surfing the internet, watching tv, napping. I find that I can't ask anyone for help. I try to find people to spend time with me when I feel this way, but they have lives... I don't expect them to drop everything to come be with me. I don't want them to. But when I reach out and get denied, even though I can foresee it, it still bothers me. I think that I do it sometimes to hurt myself. I know they are busy, but yet I still search to find someone to spend lonely evenings with; to occupy my time and mind. I want to feel better.

I am having a baby in February. I am having a BABY in February. I have to keep telling myself that because I forget. I forget that I am having a baby. I don't think that I have any idea what to expect. I am excited, and petrified at the same time. I have so much support around me, but I can't get over my aversion to asking for help. I can't get over it. I feel like a failure when it comes to asking for things and advice. I need to desperately get over that. I guess I just feel like it's my issue, not anyone else's problem. Nothing specific, just a feeling. My support has grown. The idea of a baby is so appealing to people. They will love and cherish my baby as much as I will. It takes a village to raise a child as my mother always said.... My mother. Oh how I miss her! I think of her everyday. Everyday. At times I have to push it out of my mind so that I can get through what I am dealing with because it becomes so overwhelming to deal with both. I hope to God that I am as good of a mother as mine was. But all I have to go off of is what I remember. She isn't there to remind of how wonderful she is. I have to remember the things she taught me and give that to my own child. Give my baby those lessons. I want to love endlessly and unconditionally. It scares me. It scares me to love something as much as I loved my mother, or as much as I knew that she loved me. I have support and others who love me. Grandma Wen will be wonderful. I have faith in her. I am sure that she's as afraid as I am :) But once the baby comes, she will know exactly what to do. She will love them more than she can even imagine.

Anyway, that's enough for now. Keep ya posted!

No comments: