Monday, February 8, 2010

Skylar Sue is finally here :)





Skylar Sue Mullin made her entrance in to the world on February, 1, 2010 at 6:26 pm. She weighed in at a whopping 6 lbs., 14 oz., and 19 inches long!

I went in for a weekly check up that morning. When Dr. Herman checked me, I was at 4cm and contracting... and had been without knowing it! I was not feeling my contractions! How funny is that :) But I'm not complaining. So off to the hospital we went. Once I got to OB, they began monitoring me and the baby. Soon after, they declared that I was in active labor. Dr. Herman came in to check me again around 1 and broke my water. I was still at 4 cm. Once the water was broken, I began to feel my contractions. They got very intense, and more frequent very quickly. Once I hit a "stretchy" 5cm, I decided that I needed an epidural! Instant relief! Oh boy! In the next 15-20 minutes, I dilated from 5cm to 9cm!! Amazing. All I needed was for my body to relax. We waited a bit longer until I hit 10cm to start pushing... which took 2 hours! The first dose of epidural had worn off by the time little Skylar decided to pop out, so I felt EVERY rip and tear! I remember the doctor saying, "Just one more!" I pleaded with him. I didn't want to push anymore, but it was just so close. I had so many friends and family members there to support me, and I know my mother was there... I felt her presence, as did everyone else in the room.

Skylar is a wonderful baby. She rarely cries *Knock on wood* and is just a gem! I love her more and more every time I look at her :) Kevin is a wonderful father. He had to go back to work today, and trust me, he was NOT happy about it. But I have Grandma Wen here with me for another week. I have really enjoyed having her here. She is the perfect grandma, and adores her new grandbaby girl! We are all so proud.

No comments: